In a continued effort to be environmentally responsible, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has announced a global initiative to support and participate in Earth Month. In addition to participating in Earth Hour last month, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has plans to support and spread the word about Earth Month from right here in the US to China.
Throughout Earth Month, Wal-Mart is unveiling numerous sustainable products around the world including the following:
- In India, Easy Day* stores launched flip flops made of 100-percent recyclable materials.
- In China, Wal-Mart is offering a Mainstays compressed pillow, resulting in savings in transportation costs and shelf space.
- Wal-Mart Puerto Rico launched fashionable, reusable shopping bags with artwork from the Ponce Art Museum and is donating proceeds from the sales of the bag to the museum.
- In partnership with Unilever, Wal-Mart Argentina also launched a special Earth Month edition reusable shopping bag.
- Wal-Mart Canada announced its move to compaction in powdered laundry detergent.
Wal-Mart is partnering with communities around the world to host environmentally friendly activities throughout the month:
- In Japan, Seiyu is co-sponsoring “Earth Day Orange Project” to regenerate abandoned tangerine farms. Seiyu customers have been invited to fruit picking tours at tangerine farms and the juice made from the harvested tangerines will be sold at Earth Day Tokyo 2009 later this month.
- In the United States, Wal-Mart‘s “Earth Day, Every Day” School Challenge will recognize schools and student bodies across the nation that are taking active strides to create a greener, healthier planet.
- In China, Wal-Mart and P&G partnered with NGO, China Green Foundation, on “One Million Wal-Mart Customers for a Greener China” project to plant trees.
I love that my favorite store shares my values when it comes to environmental responsibility. It’s good to know that there are large companies out there that care what happens to Earth and realizes that they carry enough influence to make a difference. Thank You Wal-Mart for stepping up to the plate here.
Source: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. -News Release
No related posts.