This apricot glazed turkey breast recipe is a variation of my grandmother’s tried and true apricot glazed pork tenderloin recipe that I shared with you previously. This recipe is perfect for those in your family (or circle of friends) who can’t or won’t eat pork, the turkey breast stays moist throughout the process and as always the glaze packs the perfect punch to the meal.
Apricot Glazed Turkey Breast Recipe
- 40 oz. skinless, boneless turkey breast
- 1 Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock container (any chicken stock will do)
- 3 heaping TBS Smuckers Simply Fruit-Apricot
- 2 TBS spicy brown mustard
- hot water to cover the turkey
- cooking spray
- Combine chicken stock with two cups hot water until thoroughly mixed & pour into crock-pot.
- Add thawed & rinsed turkey breast.
- Cover turkey breast with hot water & set crock pot to high.
- Allow turkey to cook in crock pot for 6 hours on high or until cooked through.
- After 6 hours, preheat over to 400 degrees and spray your roast pan with cooking spray.
- Removed turkey from the crock pot and place in roasting pan and allow to sit.
- Meanwhile, mix fruit spread and spicy mustard together until completely mixed.
- Spread fruit/mustard mixture all over turkey.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until glaze has set and begun to brown slightly.
Serve with a salad and baked potatoes for a complete, healthy, and delicious meal!
This glazed turkey recipe has become one of our family’s favorite meals and a great variation for those who are not pork fans. The apricot fruit spread can also be substituted with orange marmalade, berry fruit spread, or your favorite fruit spread.
Do you ever try variation on a family favorite? Share your experience with us!