If you’re looking for a way to save money quickly, I have 5 tips to share with you that you can implement to save money quickly. With the economy still as slow as it is we can all use a little help saving money.
- Use coupons. Yes, I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but seriously how many times have you left home for the grocery store without coupons for the items you buy most? Yeah, me too. I do it pretty often.
- Stop using ATMs that charge fees and start using online banking. Many banks are now charging for paper statements and charge for the use of any ATM that isn’t part of their network. You can save yourself some quick cash by avoiding foreign ATMs and doing all your banking online.
- Skip the Starbucks, and make your own specialty coffee from home. It’s really simple: brew a nice strong pot of coffee, grab your favorite mug and toss 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate in the bottom, fill the mug with the coffee, and add your favorite cream. Instant mocha!
- Stop buying bottled water. I know it seems counter-intuitive to spend money on a reusable water bottle, but investing in a good quality, BPA-free, reusable water bottle will save you tons of money in the long run. Refill your bottle every night and stick it in the fridge so it’s ready to go when you wake up.
- Mow your own lawn, do your own laundry, or wash your own car. Think of all the money you could save just by stopping these extra paid services, if you pay for all of these things now and cut it off you could save over $100 a month in some places. That equals over $1000 a year in savings, how’s that for fast money?!
We’re currently implementing all of these in our household, what are you doing to watch your budget?
Image Credit: epSos.de