When the temperature starts rising and you find yourself turning to the air conditioner more and more to find relief, it is especially important be sure you air condition is running in top shape and that you are taking steps to minimize the time you have to use it.
- *Clean grill, filters, and drains once a month.
- *Keep heat emitting appliances and lamps away from the thermostat.
- *Keep windows, curtains, and shades closed during the hottest times of the day and when cooling.
- *Use ceiling fans and open windows on cooler days.
- *Caulk & weather strip doors and windows to prevent air leaks.
For more information on energy savings check out EnergyStar.gov.